HSAs can be set up in one of two ways. Start the process on the member website. First-time users will need to register for a login ID and password.
Open a New Account
- Look on the Spending tab for the message: “Want to Open a New Account?”
- Click on the Open an HSA button and follow the instructions to set up your HSA.
Complete the Setup of an Existing Account
If you don’t see “Want to Open a New Account?” then your HSA was started for you.
- You will still need to complete the setup process.
- Click on the Spending tab and look for your HSA balance and deposit details.
Next Steps for Both Options
When you see your balance and deposit information on the Spending tab, you can begin to use your HSA. Next you must:
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Adjust the settings using the Spending Account Settings link to:
- Add or change beneficiaries
- Sign up for direct deposit
You can also review the Open Your HSA and Start Saving and the HSA User Guide.
While you are on the website, click on the Your Account link at the upper right of the home page. Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu to:
- Review and update your contact information
- Sign up for email notices about statements and payments from your HSA