An individual is eligible to participate in GuideStone’s Personal Plans if you:
- Are a paid employee of an eligible church, agency or institution affiliated with or that shares common religious bonds with the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Work 20 or more hours per week.
You may apply without providing evidence of good health if you experience one of the following events:
- New employment: New employees are eligible to enroll in a plan within the first 60 days at an eligible employer. Coverage will be effective the first day that the employee reports to work.
- Work schedule increases to 20 or more hours per week: Current employees who transition from working fewer than 20 hours per week to working 20 or more hours per week become eligible to enroll within 60 days of their hour increase. Coverage will be effective on the date hours increase to 20 or more per week.
- Certain special enrollment events: Current employees (or eligible dependents) who experience a special enrollment event — such as marriage, birth or placement for adoption — become eligible to enroll within the first 60 days of the special enrollment event.
You may also apply by providing evidence of good health at any time or if you experience the special enrollment event of loss of coverage.
Employees of employers with more than ten employees are not eligible:
- For loss of coverage changes
- To apply for enroll at any time
Dental, Accident, Disability and Term Life Coverage
- You are required to submit the Evidence of Good Health Application for yourself and all family members requesting disability and term life care coverage.
Please allow six to eight weeks for your application to be processed. You will be notified about enrollment decision in writing.
For more information regarding eligibility, enrollment or plan options call us at 1-844-INS-GUIDE (1-844-467-4843). Specialists are available Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (CST). You may also contact us via email at Insurance@GuideStone.org.