Can retired ministers receive some or all of their retirement income from GuideStone as a housing allowance?

Yes. Revenue Ruling 75-22 allows denominational pension boards such as GuideStone to designate a housing allowance for retired ministers receiving income. Retired ministers may ask GuideStone to designate up to 100% of their retirement income as housing. But retired ministers must continue to follow the housing allowance rules and limits discussed here.

For more information, visit the Ministers' Tax Guide

Was this article helpful?