Can I still contribute to the Church Retirement Plan even though my current church does not contribute?

In most cases, yes. 

Any person who is in paid ministerial or non-ministerial employment, receiving W-2 compensation, from a Southern Baptist Church or Association that is recognized by the state convention is eligible to participate in the Church Retirement Plan. For more information on starting contributions, click here.

Was this article helpful?