What additional benefits are included in my term life plan at no additional cost?
- Premium waiver benefit — If you become totally disabled before age 60, you may apply a waiver of premium payments. That means you may be able to continue your coverage at no cost to you.
- Accelerated death benefit — If you become terminally ill and are not expected to live more than 12 months, you can receive up to 50% of your life insurance amount, up to $250,000.
- Life Planning Financial & Legal Resources — This service provides one-on-one financial counseling to you or your beneficiary in the event you're diagnosed with a terminal illness or die.
- Add children without underwriting — No underwriting is required to add a dependent child within 60 days of the child's birth, adoption or placement for adoption.
- assist america® — A 24-hour network of emergency medical and legal resources that offers worldwide emergency assistance to active employees and their families who are traveling more than 100 miles from home.
- Portability or conversion of coverage — You and your dependents may continue coverage if your employment is terminated or you otherwise lose eligibility.