How do I request a withdrawal from my GuideStone retirement account?

If you decide to take a distribution from your retirement account, you may submit your withdrawal request by logging into your MyGuideStone® account. Once logged in, you will find the online withdrawal tool by following the steps below:

1.    Under the Quick Links menu on the right-hand side of your Dashboard click the "Withdraw or Rollover Out" link.

2.    Complete the withdrawal application and then provide your electronic signature. 

  • If your withdrawal application requires Spousal Consent, you must print the application and have your spouse's signature notarized. 
  • If your withdrawal application requires Employer Verification, you must have an authorized official from your employer fully complete this section (or previous employer if separated from service). You are not permitted to complete this section yourself. An electronic signature is permissible for the Employer Verification section.
  • Once you have obtained the required signature(s), use the Document Uploader to submit your application and receive the fastest possible service.


Withdrawal amounts will be included in your gross income for the current tax year and will be subject to federal and applicable state income taxes. The IRS requires that we withhold 20% of the distributed amount for federal income taxes. If you are under age 59 1/2, there will be an additional 10% early withdrawal penalty that the IRS imposes for early distribution. You will pay this penalty when you file your income taxes for the year; however, you can request additional withholding at the time of distribution, and this will be sent to the IRS along with the federal income tax. 

retirement what do I need to do how do I go about getting

Was this article helpful?