How do I submit a claim if my spouse has other employer provided medical coverage?

For charges incurred by your spouse, file first under the spouse's plan and retain extra copies of each bill. Submit a copy of the explanation of benefits from your spouse's plan to Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield along with a copy of the corresponding itemized bill. If children are covered under both plans and the spouse's coverage is primary for the children, the same procedure applies.

Was this article helpful?