The employer must be an eligible church, agency or institution affiliated with, or that shares common religious bonds with, the Southern Baptist Convention.
To qualify for participation in the Group Plans, an employer with 2–4 covered employees:
- Must contribute 50 percent of employee-only cost of medical coverage
- Must have 75 percent of eligible employees enrolled in the plan
Disability coverage is not available in Group Plans for employers with fewer than 5 employees
To qualify for participation in the Group Plans, an employer with 5 or more covered employees:
- Must contribute a minimum of 50 percent of employee-only cost of medical coverage
- Must have 75 percent of eligible employees enrolled in the plan (excluding Medicare-coordinating plans)
An employee is eligible to participate in the Group Plans if he or she meets the following criteria:
- The employee must be classified as active and full time (as defined by the employer), earning wages from an employer that offers plan coverage to one or more covered classes of employees.
- The employee must work the number of hours required by the employer to be considered a full-time employee. That number must be at least 20 hours per week.
- The employee must complete the employer’s waiting period (if any) before coverage can be effective.
An employee must have coverage in order for a dependent to also be covered on a GuideStone® plan. Eligible dependents include:
- The employee's spouse
- A Child through the end of the month in which they reach age 26
- A child who is covered under the employee and is incapacitated
Review Plan Booklets for more information on dependent eligibility including definition of a spouse, child and incapacitated child.