Yes, Blue Cross Blue Shield Global® Core (BCBS Global Core) offers benefits to Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield (Highmark BCBS) members traveling or living outside the United States. If you are enrolled in a Highmark BCBS medical plan, then you have access to overseas medical care through BCBS Global Core.
Accessing your BCBS Global Core benefits is easy!
- Call: 1-800-810-BLUE (2583)
- Download: The BCBS Global Core app is available for Android™*, iPhone® and iPod touch®.
- Visit: BCBSGlobalCore.com
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
To use the BCBS Global Core program:
- Identify yourself as a GuideStone member.
- Tell the representative your member ID number from your GuideStone Highmark BCBS medical card.
- Share the group number from your GuideStone Highmark BCBS medical card.
- Tell the representative the date of birth of the person receiving treatment.
Get more information here about locating a doctor or hospital while overseas and accessing inpatient and outpatient care.
Get more information here about submitting an international claim.