Here are some of the most common scenarios for telemedicine consultations:
- Non-emergency medical issues: Receive treatment for a cold, flu, bronchitis, urinary tract infection, pink eye or ear infection.
- Short-term prescriptions: If appropriate, a Teladoc doctor can write a short-term prescription and have it sent to the pharmacy of your choice.
- Dermatology problems: Turn to Teladoc physicians for treatment of a rash, acne, skin infection, ringworm, shingles, mouth sores or fungal infection. You will be required to upload photos of the affected area.
- Pediatric health: Teladoc is the only telehealth provider with a national network of U.S. board-certified pediatricians who are able to treat children from birth to age 17.
- Sick while traveling: Get medical attention while you’re on the road in the United States.
- Recordkeeping: Teladoc offers free Electronic Health Records that store all of your personal health information in one secure place online so it’s sharable with all your health care providers. Your Teladoc physician can also share the details from your visit with your primary physician