How do I update my employment status with GuideStone?

If you leave your employer, change jobs or transfer to a different employer affiliated with GuideStone, we must receive an update from the employer you recently left. You will not be able to change your employment status on your own. 

If you worked for one of our agencies, such as a hospital or university, they will typically notify us once they have finished their exit procedures and have made the final contribution to your retirement account. 

If you worked for a church or ministry organization, your previous employer must notify us online through their Employer Access Program® (EAP) or contact us Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. CST. 

If you have transferred to another church, your new church will need to contact us to set up retirement contributions and insurance, if applicable.

Was this article helpful?