How do I update my housing allowance designation on my retirement income?

If you are a minister for tax purposes, you will request GuideStone to designate an amount on your application when you apply for retirement income or take a withdrawal. You can also request GuideStone to change that amount prospectively by filling out a retirement income change form. Ministers are always responsible as taxpayers for following the housing allowance rules and reporting the correct amount of income, regardless of what they ask GuideStone to designate.

To request a form to either begin receiving your retirement income or to update your housing allowance designation on your current retirement income, please contact us at 1-888-984-8433 (1-888-98-GUIDE).

For more information, visit the Ministers' Tax Guide

Was this article helpful?