Cigna dental waiting periods may be waived at the time an employee comes into Group Plans coverage provided:
- The employee provides proof of one full month prior coverage (minimum) with no break prior to coming into GuideStone Cigna dental plans.
- Accepted forms of coverage proof:
- Proof of prior coverage letter from the previous carrier showing dates of coverage, type of coverage and enrollment for the employee or
- A bill showing at least one month prior coverage with no break for the employee. Note: If the employee has orthodontics coverage and wants to waive both dental and orthodontics, proof of coverage for each must be presented. If the bill does not reflect this, a proof of prior coverage letter may be required.
- All dependents, current and future, will follow the employees status.
Note: Proof must be received within 31 days of eligibility to waive the waiting periods. This applies to Group Plans Cigna dental only.