How does the Cigna Dental Care DHMO plan differ from the Cigna DPPO plans (Premier and Choice Dental Care Plans)?
With the Cigna Dental Care DHMO plan:
- You must choose a network general dentist who will manage your overall dental care. You won’t be covered if you go to a dentist who’s not in our network.
- Referrals are required for some specialty care services. Exceptions are pediatric dentists for children under 7, orthodontics and endodontics.
- Your share of out-of-pocket costs is clearly listed on your Patient Charge Schedule. Only covered procedures are listed.
- No deductibles. You don’t have to reach an out-of-pocket cost before your insurance starts.
- No dollar maximums. Your coverage isn’t limited by a dollar amount. No matter the amount of your covered expenses.
- No claim forms. No forms to file and no waiting periods for coverage.
With a Cigna DPPO Plans (Premier and Choice Dental Care Plans)
- You can go to any dentist but typically spend less when you visit a Cigna network dentist.
- You do not have to choose a network dentist ahead of time, you choose a dentist when you are ready to make an appointment.